Our Student Ambassadors help to spread the word about HowTheLightGetsIn within the student community and encourage the involvement of university departments in marketing the festival. You will also have the opportunity to work with our team behind the scenes at the festival. In return, our Student Ambassadors gain invaluable marketing experience through working closely with our team as well as a complimentary ticket to the festival weekend!
Why should you get involved?
1. SKILLS & EXPERIENCE. The Ambassador role looks great on your CV and all of our Ambassadors can request a reference at the end of the festival for future employment. You'll get to network with festival organisers and gain an insight into the behind-the-scenes running of a large-scale event.
2. ACCESS. In return for their valuable work, Ambassadors receive a complimentary festival tickets giving them full access to a whole range of debates, live music, film & comedy over the whole weekend - not to mention generous discounts on the festival eateries and some of the visiting stall holders!
What does being an Ambassador involve?
The ideal Ambassador will be brimming with insight about how to bring the festival to the widest possible audience.
This is your role, and you have the opportunity to shape it in the way you wish - so first and foremost we want to hear your fresh, original and exciting ideas for the ambassadorship.
We will also expect the following things from our Ambassadors:
1. Publicising the festival on university social media accounts and/or mailing lists
2. Spreading the word through university societies
3. Recruiting other Student Ambassadors to help you
4. Distributing posters around campus
If this sounds of interest, drop a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can get involved.