When is the festival?
HowTheLightGetsIn London 2022 is running from Saturday 17th September to Sunday 18th September. Festival tickets will provide access to all events, including debates, talks, music, comedy, academy and late night parties.
Where is the festival?
HowTheLightGetsIn will take place on the grounds of North London's finest stately home, Kenwood House, at the tip of Hampstead Heath - NW3 7JR.
Will I be refunded if the event is cancelled?
Yes. If we have to cancel due to circumstances outside of our control, you will have the option to roll your ticket over to a future event, or receive a refund on your ticket. Refunds will not be issued if the event goes ahead.
How do I get a ticket for the festival?
Presale tickets are available from the HowTheLightGetsIn Hay box office from Sunday June 5th, and will be available online from Monday June 6th.
How do I apply my discount?
You can apply all discounts at checkout. Enter your discount code into the text box the drop down menu and click 'apply'. Only one discount can be used per ticket.
Can I use my ticket to watch recordings of the events after the festival is over?
All events will be released on IAI.tv at a later date. Pick up a ticket plus subscription and your first three months' access to IAI.tv is just £4.
Is camping available at the festival?
Camping is not available at HowTheLightGetsIn London.
Are dogs allowed on site?
Dogs are not allowed on site except guide and service dogs.
Can I bring my own food and drink?
For health and safety reasons, external food and drink other than bottled water is not allowed on site.
I'm having problems buying my ticket
If you're having any issues purchasing your ticket, please email email@example.com.
I have a ticket for another HowTheLightGetsIn festival, can I use that for HowTheLightGetsIn London 2022?
You cannot use tickets for other HowTheLightGetsIn Festivals to access HowTheLightGetsIn London 2022.
This ticket is issued by TVF Limited on behalf of the Institute of Art and Ideas, henceforth the "organisers", and is subject to the terms and conditions indicated on this ticket or displayed at the "venue", HowTheLightGetsIn Festival at Kenwood House Gardens. Purchasers should note that this ticket is sold by the organisation responsible for the event.
Purchase and possession of a ticket signifies agreement to the following conditions:
1. This ticket is issued subject to the rules and regulations of the organisation, operators and management of the venue.
2. Every person entering the event must have a valid ticket.
3. Ticket holders are required to carefully check their tickets in advance of their visit; mistakes may not be rectified on the day.
4. The organisers reserve the right to refuse entry of the ticket holder to the event site. Customers found to be causing damage to the site, the site infrastructure, causing harm to any other person on site or in breach of these conditions will be subject to prosecution.
5. The organisers reserve the right to search all persons and personal property and refuse admission to, or eject from, the site any person who refuses to be searched by a security official.
6. This ticket is not transferable. No money will be refunded or tickets exchanged after purchase unless the event is cancelled. In the event of cancellation, the promoter’s sole obligation and liability shall be to offer a ticket for an alternative performance by the relevant artist, if available, or a full refund of the face value of this ticket. No other claims will be entertained. You will be contacted directly about cancellations at the email address used for your booking. Any questions about your claim should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. No duplicate tickets or wristbands will be issued in the event of loss.
8. Admission to the site and performance is at the ticket holder’s own risk. Neither the promoter nor the site management shall be held liable for any injury or damage sustained within the site.
9. Ticket holders give their express consent to the use of their actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising or exploitation of any film, video and/or audio recording of this event and/or any element thereof in any/all media throughout the world. This includes filming by the police or security which may be carried out for the security of customers.
10. The event promoter reserves the right to make any change whatsoever to the act programme owing to any unforeseen or unavoidable cause.
11. Neither the venue nor the organisation can accept responsibility for lost or stolen property.
12. The possession of this ticket shall constitute an acceptance by the holder of these conditions and imply an undertaking on the part of the holder to observe them. In the event of any breach of these conditions, the event promoter reserves the right to cancel this ticket and retain any monies paid theretofore.
13. Other than the provisions advertised or outlined by the box office at the time of sale, customers are required to address any special needs by contacting the box office in advance of their visit, as the event promoter may not be able to provide those needs without notice.
14. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
15. Paper lanterns shall not be brought onto or used on the festival site under any circumstances.
16. No dogs are allowed on the festival site, except guide and service dogs.
For press enquiries and media partnership enquiries, please contact us at:
The Institute of Art and Ideas, 375 City Rd, London, EC1V 1NB
Tel: 020 7837 3000
We would love to hear from you! Contact us at the email addresses below. Please provide as much information as you can so we can answer your questions as quickly as possible.
General enquiries: email@example.com
Website Issues: firstname.lastname@example.org
HowTheLightGetsIn is the world’s largest and most exciting philosophy and music festival – and we need YOU to make it happen!
Full details coming soon! Sign up for our newsletter to be the first to hear of exciting volunteer opportunities.
"I want to express my sincere gratitude for the stewarding experience you have offered us: it has been nothing short of transformational! Although it was the first time I volunteered for a festival, I am already stewarding with another one this weekend!" - Madalina Benderschi, Chișinău, Moldova
"Thanks so much for the opportunity to work with you guys at the festival. It was so much fun - would love to be involved again next year!" - Katie Poundall, London, UK
"I was honoured to serve for this wonderful event as a steward. I booked months ago, flew from China for 11 hours (!) and found that it was so, so worth it!!" - Luyao Zhang, Hong Kong, China
We are welcoming the very brightest, boldest and most innovative performers and traders, particularly those specialising in the unusual, the interesting and the extraordinary.
Craftspeople, artisans, artists, musicians, performers, purveyors of the weird and wonderful, we want to hear from you.
Applications will open soon. Watch this space for more info.
HowTheLightGetsIn London 2022 is set in the glorious grounds of Kenwood House, Hampstead Heath in London.
A Truly Unique Offering